20 February 2013

Intrigue



Woodward Ave
National Bank of Detroit

I started reading two books today. One on the future of transportation, Two Billion Cars, and one on the American food system, The American Way of Eating. Both related to planning, but neither written by or specifically for planners. An interesting topic arose in each books' first chapters: Detroit. Tracie McMillan, the author of The American Way of Eating and an investigative journalist states, "Detroit has as many lessons to teach us as problems to solve." I found this incredibly intriguing, but to be honest I don't know a thing about Detroit, so being the motivated self learner I am, I decided to further my research. More to come on planning problems and more importantly solutions from Detroit.

St Christopher House, Detroit
American Hotel, Detroit


 Photo source: Yves Marchand & Romain Meffre

No comments:

Post a Comment